BUTTERNUT&BEETROOT CRISPS WITH TAPENADE #WHATSMYSNACK
Yes, we are quoting Chris Pratt and joining the #WHATSMYSNACK hype- Live Limitless version.
When you want crisps and dips but you're detoxing...
BUTTERNUT&BEETROOT CRISPS WITH TAPENADE
These are part of our Live Clean detox program and a perfect balance of crunch, taste, and more-ishness [word?]. Beetroot is fantastic for increasing your stamina and helping your muscles work harder for longer. If you need a stamina boost for your next gym session beetroot has been shown to improve athletic performance. So get dippin'
- 2 raw beetroots
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tbsp flaked sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- A pinch of paprika
- A pinch of chilli powder
- Preheat your oven to 70C/fan 50C/gas low.
- Peel the beetroots and butternut squash, then use a potato peeler to make very thin slices – the longer and wider the better. Discard the squash seeds and fibres. Place the slices on a baking tray, sprinkle with salt and drizzle the oil over them, then dust with the paprika and chilli powder.
- Place in the oven and leave to dehydrate for about 1 hour 10 minutes until crisp – check every now and then towards the end of the time to ensure they don’t burn. Allow to cool before eating. Store in an airtight container.
- a classic Mediterranean dip.
- 4 tbsp black olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp capers
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- A sprig of fresh mint, leaves picked
- A handful of fresh coriander
- A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of flaked sea salt
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz for 20-30 seconds. This will result in a course texture so if you would prefer it to be smoother, blitz for a little longer.
- Transfer to a bowl for serving include your favourite veg crisps [see above]
-TEAM LL X