TOMATO PESTO COURGETTI
Team Live Limitless
-we have the perfect quick and easy light lunch for you to enjoy!
We're talking a nutritional powerhouse! The beautiful tomato pesto contains pine nuts which are rich in magnesium and in a fatty acid called pinoelic acid. And the best thing about pinoelic acid? -it's been proven to aid in weightloss. Even a small handful is enough to get a big nutritional boost!
Next up the humble courgetti which joined us and every supermarket in 2016- they are here to stay. Courgettes are extremely low in calories- about 19 calories per 120g- and are mostly water, which makes them a detoxer’s friend!
Make, enjoy, eat and share @ #LIVELIMITLESSEATS
TOMATO PESTO WITH COURGETTE SPAGHETTI
- 4 courgettes
- A pinch of flaked sea salt
- 8 large vine tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts, to garnish
- Using a julienne peeler/cutter, cut the unpeeled courgettes into long, spaghetti like strips [stop when you get to the soft seeded centre]. Mix with the sea salt and set aside.
- [Supermarkets have started selling it spiralised to save time, so keep your peepers on the look out]
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Score a cross on the base of each tomato and place in the pan. Boil for 20-30 seconds, then immediately transfer to a bowl of cold water. Peel off the skin.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds, then finely chop the flesh. Mix with the basil, oil, garlic and salt to taste in a non-stick saucepan.
- Heat the tomato sauce gently for 2-3 minutes. Add the courgette spaghetti, and heat for a further 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately, topped with the toasted pine nuts.
TEAM LL X